Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Open Letter to PETA

Ingrid E. Newkirk, President
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
ingridn@peta.org

Dear Ms. Newkirk,

I am yet another member of the infertility community who is appalled to learn about your "Win a Vasectomy" contest, and I strongly request that you immediately discontinue this contest and issue a REAL apology (non the Facebook BS) to the infertility community for this shameful and careless campaign.

Conceiving a child is something that many people take for granted, but for 1 in 8 Americans, it is not something that comes easily. People try for years to conceive, and words cannot describe the pain and anguish that comes with infertility.

My son is my greatest gift, and without in-vitro fertilization, fantastic doctors, and an amazing support system, he might not be here. So for you to insinuate that winning a vasectomy to curb overpopulation sickens me. Still to neutering animals and throwing pain on people who wear fur, and let the infertility community out of this.

I demand you issue a formal apology to the infertility community and discontinue this contest immediately.

Sincerely,
Mindy Koechling

No comments: